These files contain information about the user's interactions with the site, such as preferences, login details, and browsing history. Cookies serve various purposes, including improving user experience, providing personalised content, and analysing website traffic.
The legal landscape surrounding cookies has undergone significant changes in recent years. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union and similar regulations worldwide have placed a spotlight on user privacy. GDPR, in particular, requires websites to obtain explicit consent from users before storing or accessing cookies on their devices.
This has led to the widespread adoption of cookie banners and pop-ups, seeking user consent for cookie usage.
- Overview of Cookies: Explain what cookies are and how they are used on your website.
- Types of Cookies: Categorise the cookies used on your site, such as functional, analytical, and third-party cookies.
- Purpose of Cookies: Clearly state the purpose of each type of cookie and how it benefits the user.
- Cookie Duration: Specify the duration for which cookies are stored on a user's device.
- Cookie Consent: Describe how users can provide or withdraw consent for cookie usage.
- Opt-Out Options: Provide information on how users can opt out of certain types of cookies.
To Wrap Up